Monday 21 July 2014

Beat The Back To School Blahs























Back to school is fast approaching. For teachers this means a flurry of activity as they plan their lessons, organize their classroom, and get ready for the deluge of open houses, parent questions, and staff meetings that come with the beginning of the new school year. Oftentimes the focus is on the negative aspects of going back to school, but what about all the great things there are to look forward to? I decided to ask some of my fellow bloggers…

What are you most looking forward to about the back to school season and the upcoming school year?




Terri from Terri's Teaching Treasures says "I am going to a new school so I am excited to decorate a new classroom and collaborate with some new colleagues!!".




"I'm looking forward to working with teachers across my school board in my new position as Grade 2-6 Elementary Program Consultant! I love matching teachers up with just the right resources to help them teach effectively".
- Coach's Corner



Charlene from Diamond Mom's Treasury says " I am looking forward to seeing my students from last year and hearing all about their summer adventures. We always start the first week with our classes from the previous year. The new classes are formed when the district gets the numbers of returning students to each school".




Who doesn't love fresh pencils, markers… and now, new apps that I plan to use throughout the school year! It's all exciting! I'm also really ever to try out some of the ideas I've had related to the new curriculum we have for French, and perfecting things for the inquiry-based Social Studies curriculum that I used for the first time last year".
- TeachingFSL




Beth from Thinking Of Teaching says "I'm going to a new school that is a K-5, which I've never worked in before. I'm also excited to be reunited with my principal and to be working closer to home".





Tina from Tina's Teaching Treasures says "I am looking forward to trying new things and having a fresh start. We have one of the only professions where each year ends with a nice relaxing break and starts with a blank canvas!! I love creating and establishing routines with my students and getting to create a little family with all my third graders!".





"I'm looking forward to working with all the new teachers that have joined the Primary Division at my school! New staff = new ideas. That and I really miss Tuesday Soup Club and Friday Treat Days :) ".
Bryn Even- The Primary Patch





Emily from Emmy Mac's Class says "I love decorating my classroom. Setting things up in a different way. This will be my fifth year in the same classroom so I like to mix things up".





"I am excited for my classroom change and to set it up as a clean slate. I am super excited to meet my class and to plan for new subjects I've never taught".
- 2 Peas and a Dog





Alessia from Mrs. Albanese's Kindergarten Class says "I am looking forward to continuing to learn more about inquiry and play-based learning as we move into year 2 of FDK".





"There are going to be a lot of new faces at my school this year! I look forward to working with a new principal (even though I'll miss my old principal tremendously), and with new colleagues. I look forward to the changes that will be make within the school. I'm also excited about starting with a clean slate. I look forward to trying new things with my students and to get back to a routine and schedule".
- Mrs. Mathis' Homeroom


Mrs. Beattie says "Heading into my second year in primary, I am looking forward to a fresh start and an opportunity to refine and improve my teaching. I love being able to change what I do each year, or keep the things that went well the year before!



Thank you so much to everyone who contributed to this post! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful back to school season and a great start to the new school year. What do you do to push past the back to school blahs? What are you excited for? I'd love to hear from you in the comments below, or via Facebook or email

Lifelong Learning

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for putting this together. Bryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you chose to focus on the excitement of going back to school. Thanks for including me.

    Charlene/Diamond Mom
    Diamond Mom's Treasury

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so lucky to get a fresh start every year! Thanks for pulling all of these fun thoughts together! :)

    ~Erin
    Mrs. Beattie's Classroom

    ReplyDelete